Browse through Sutton Online Resources, available 24/7 from your computer, smartphone or tablet. You can access most of these online resources at home. You will need your library card number. If you are not a member of the library you can join online.
Discover a world of academic research at your local library.
- Free access to over 10 million academic articles
- Get in-depth information on topics including: art, architecture, business, engineering, history, mathematics and the sciences.
- Ideal for researchers and students
Library access only - available to use for free at all Sutton Libraries.
Read newspapers anytime, anywhere on any device.
- Install the Pressreader IOS or Android app from your app store or visit pressreader.com using any browser.
- Sign in - select the yellow library card, find your library & enter your library card number.
- A pop up & green coffee cup confirms you can now read newspapers online or download to read offline for 3 days on your device.
- At the end of 3 days, simply sign in again with your library card number to reactivate your complimentary access for another 3 days. Reactivate as many times as you wish.
Provides all the necessary information and step by step guides with the Universal Credit sign up process. It explains which personal details are required before signing up so that users are properly prepared.
Also contains step by step guides for all of the Universal Jobmatch processes as well as CV and Covering letter templates.
Learning English online course
Available to use for free at all Sutton Libraries and from home.
Road to IELTS is a comprehensive 100% online preparation course designed by British Council IELTS experts. The International English Language Testing System (IELTS) measures the language proficiency of people who want to study or work where English is used as a language of communication.
It uses a nine-band scale to clearly identify levels of proficiency, from non-user (band score 1) through to expert (band score 9).
Covers Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking
Practise with over 300 interactive activities
17 tutorial videos by British Council experts
Mock papers for Listening, Speaking, Reading and Writing
Instant feedback in exercises
NB: You will need Adobe Flash Player to run this course.
The Which? Magazine is available as an online resource from Sutton Libraries. Please visit your local library as this resource can only be accessed from within Sutton Libraries.
Which? is an independent charity, focused on providing unbiased consumer advice. Products such as televisions, fridges and mobile phones are tested and rated. Which? Online is available in all our libraries, just ask a member of staff to log you on.