Search the catalogue
Work and volunteering
Library volunteering opportunities
We are looking for volunteers to get involved in a variety of activities in Merton libraries. There's a role for everyone, whatever your interests, skills and the time you have available. We recruit for a variety of roles including; IT Trainers, Library Ambassadors and Youth Events and Marketing Volunteers.
Current library volunteer vacancies
- Morden Library children's Craft Volunteer
- Morden Library IT Support
- Morden Library Homework Help
- Morden Library Language Workshop Tutor
- Mitcham Library children's storytime volunteer
- Mitcham Library Homework club volunteer
- Mitcham Library Shelver
- Mitcham Library Language tutor
- Mitcham Library Library Ambassador volunteer
- Pollards Hill Library IT support volunteer
- Pollards Hill Library story time volunteer
- Pollards Hill Library Outreach support volunteer
- Wimbledon Library children's activity support
- Wimbledon Library Ambassador
- Wimbledon Library meet and greeter
- Wimbledon Library shelver
- Wimbledon Library story time volunteer
To express an interest in joining our team of volunteers please complete the form below or contact your local library.
What can I gain from volunteering?
You will have the chance to meet and help people from the local community, creating a sense of achievement. In volunteering you will build experience and develop your skills to enhance a college, university or job application.
What support will I be given?
You will receive a full induction to the Service, and ongoing training and guidance. We will reimburse any expenses for lunch (if volunteering more than 4 hours in one day) and travel.