Class visits to the library
Central Library, Bexleyheath, Crayford Library, Erith Library, Sidcup Library, Thamesmead Library and Welling Library offer the following range of free services to schools: Visits to libraries can be arranged for all ages and cover a range of topics including:
• a general introduction to the library as a local free community resource
• a specific talk about reading for pleasure and introducing your class to a wide range of genres and books.
• For years 5 and 6 we can cover Information skills and non-fiction, use of reference and online resources.
• The above talks can be offered as individual or a series of visits.
• Class visits to borrow books for use in school.
The community libraries also offer class visits –please contact them direct to find out further details
If you would like to arrange a visit for your class to a library in Bexley, please contact the library you would like to visit to make arrangements or email email@example.com
Teachers, child-minders, early years’ practitioners and home educators who work with children in Bexley are entitled to a special ticket to support their work. More information on Privilege Tickets
Local StudiesBexley Local Studies and Archive Centre present a varied approach to teachers, students and pupils seeking primary source material for local studies projects, or as a teaching resource for the study of history in the National Curriculum. We offer the following range of services to local schools:
• we cater for class visits for up to 30 children in dedicated area
• talks on local history at schools and at the Bexley Local Studies and Archive Centre
• loan exhibitions on aspects of local history
• advise teachers on local resources relevant to the National Curriculum and planning of school projects
• we can supply source material such as photographs, census returns, Victorian and Edwardian house plans and maps
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
A charge of £6 per hour is payable for tutors using public library space to deliver paid-for tutoring for up to two students. Meeting rooms are also available to hire for tutors needing exclusive space or for groups of more than two.