Class visits to the library
Central Library, Bexleyheath, Crayford Library, Erith Library, Sidcup Library, Thamesmead Library and Welling Library offer the following range of free services to schools: Visits to libraries can be arranged for all ages and cover a range of topics including:
- A general introduction to the library as a local free community resource
- For years 5 and 6 we can cover Information skills and non-fiction, use of reference and online resources.
- The above talks can be offered as individual or a series of visits.
- Class visits to borrow books for use in school.
If you would like to arrange a visit for your class to a library in Bexley, please contact the library you would like to visit to make arrangements or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Teachers, child-minders, early years’ practitioners and home educators who work with children in Bexley are entitled to a special ticket to support their work.
- Borrow up to 12 books
- 2 month loan period
- No daily fines on children's books (but daily fines will be charged on any adult book returned late)
- Free reservations on children's books
- Available from Central Library Bexleyheath, Crayford Library, Erith Library, Sidcup Library, Thamesmead Library or Welling Library
To obtain a privilege ticket, bring an acknowledgment letter from your place of work, or relevant paperwork (e.g. child-minders certificate / letter from the Home Education Liaison Officer confirming you are registered as a home educator).
You will also need proof of personal ID, address and signature. (Or your Bexley library card if you are already a member).
You are personally responsible for all books issued on your privilege ticket.
Bexley Local Studies and Archive Centre present a varied approach to teachers, students and pupils seeking primary source material for local studies projects, or as a teaching resource for the study of history in the National Curriculum. We offer the following range of services to local schools:
- We cater for class visits for up to 30 children in dedicated area
- Talks on local history at schools and at the Bexley Local Studies and Archive Centre
- Loan exhibitions on aspects of local history
- Advise teachers on local resources relevant to the National Curriculum and planning of school projects
- We can supply source material such as photographs, census returns, Victorian and Edwardian house plans and maps
Contact us at email@example.com