Bexley Local Studies and Archive Centre
The centre holds the archival material for the borough of Bexley. Visit to research the history of your family, house, street, district, famous Bexley people, landmarks and events, or for help working on a school or college project.
Visiting the centre
Bexley Local Studies and Archives Centre is located on the first floor at Central Library in Bexleyheath. The centre is open fully Monday to Thursday 9.30am to 5:30pm and will continue to operate on an appointment only basis on Saturdays until further notice.
Appointments must be booked in advance and the documents you want requested when you book. To make an appointment, please email Archives@bexley.gov.uk or call 020 3045 3779.
For information about the measures that will be in place, please visit the COVID-19 updates page.
You can currently access the following data collections free of charge by using your library card and PIN:
- Bexley, Kent, England, Cemetery Registers, 1879-1985
- Bexley, Kent, England, Church of England Baptisms, Marriages, and Burials, 1558-1812
- Bexley, Kent, England, Church of England Births and Baptisms, 1813-1925
- Bexley, Kent, England, Church of England Marriages and Banns, 1754-1935
- Bexley, Kent, England, Church of England Deaths and Burials, 1813-1985
- Bexley, Kent, England, Electoral Registers, 1734-1965
- Bexley, Kent, England, WWI Registration Cards, 1914-1919
Sign in to your library account at the top of the page and select My Account. Then select the Ancestry tab for details on how to access the collections.
We also have Ancestry Library Edition on all public computers available in libraries. See our computers page for more information.
Searching our online catalogues
You can carry out an advanced search of the library catalogue and look for our books, pamphlets and search the newspaper index. For the Select Branch option select Bexley - Bexley Local Studies & Archive Centre.
We also have other online catalogues you can find out more about below.