Home Library Service
The Home Library Service is for any Bexley resident who cannot use their local library. This free service is for those who are:
- Blind or partially sighted
- Suffering long term illness
- Unable to get out to a library
- Recovering from an operation
- Unable to carry heavy books or talking books
- Carers of adults or children
- Experiencing mental health problems
- Restricted to their home for religious reasons
- Unable to go out without help
Once you are a member, volunteers will visit you each month with a new selection of books or talking books. We will arrange a regular day and time with you during your application.
How to apply
You can apply in person or someone can apply on your behalf. To get started:
- Call 020 3045 4565
- or complete the Home Library Service application form on the Council website.
We are always looking for volunteers to help with delivery of this service. Find out more on our Volunteering Page.
Contact the HLS
Community Library Service
c/o Sidcup Library
020 8303 7777 (ask for 'libraries')