Covid-19 – Reopening of libraries
We are safely reopening our libraries following closures due to Covid-19.
All Libraries have now reopened. The first floor at Central Library and the Local Studies and Archives Centre will remain closed for the time being.
Find out more about which services will be available and the restrictions that will be in place when we reopen on the Covid-19 Updates page.
You can view a short video which explains how the restrictions work.
The Home Library Service is for any Bexley resident who cannot use their local library. Volunteers from the Royal Voluntary Service will visit you each month with a new selection of books or talking books. The service, which is free, is for those who are:
- Blind or partially sighted
- Suffering long term illness
- Unable to get out to a library
- Recovering from an operation
- Unable to carry heavy books or talking books
- Carers of adults or children
- Experiencing mental health problems
- Restricted to their home for religious reasons
- Unable to go out without help
If you want to receive the service, or you know someone who needs the service, please call 020 3045 4565. You can also apply online: Home Library Service application form
We are recruiting volunteers to choose and deliver books to people who are unable to leave their homes. Have you an interest in reading and can you commit to a regular morning or afternoon a month? Transport expenses and support will be provided. Join us for a rewarding experience that makes a difference in your community.