Bexley Libraries Fees and Charges
1 April 2020 - 31 March 2021
When you join the library, you agree to abide by the library bye-laws (which are available for inspection in the library). You also agree to pay the following hire fees and charges for the items listed below. To ensure that your membership remains active please use your library card regularly.
- 1-2 & 3+ DVD set - Standard titles: £1.55 per week
- Audiobooks*: £2.75 for 3 weeks
- Children’s audiobooks: Free for 3 weeks
*Bexley residents who are blind, partially sighted or disabled may borrow audiobooks free of loan charges.
- Adult books, audiobooks and music CDs: 39p per opening day
- Children’s books and audiobooks: Charged for reminder notice only
- DVDs: 94p per opening day
An administration fee of £1.50 per letter or £1 per email will also be charged.
Overdue notices will be sent out on the 8th day overdue.
There is a maximum fine of £15 per item.
Adult books borrowed on children’s membership cards incur adult charges.
Debts referred to the Debt Collection Agency will incur an additional charge of £10.
Lost and damaged items
Full replacement cost will be charged for any item that is lost or damaged.
Refunds on lost books which are found later will only be made during the first six months and will be subject to a 25% administrative fee
- Initial ticket: Free
- Replacement of lost ticket - adult: £4.65
- Replacement of lost ticket - child: £1.80
- Books, DVDs & audio: Request charges applied at point of reservation:
- Per item in stock in Bexley Libraries: email - 50p, letter - £1
- £6.95 per item not in stock
- Children’s book requests: Free (notifications are not sent)
- Periodical articles: £11.50
- Performance sets: £6.95
- British Library/Special/Academic Libraries Abroad request supplement: £18.65
Reservation fees are non-refundable
- Black & white: A4 - 10p, A3 - 20p
- Colour: A4 – 50p, A3 - £1
Use of the computers and scanners is free but the following charges do apply:
- Black & white prints (each sheet): A4 - 20p, A3 - 30p
- Colour prints (each sheet): A4 - 75p, A3 - £1.40
- Memory sticks: 4GB - £15.55, 8GB - £22.75
Hire of display boards
- Erith and Sidcup Libraries: £34.75 per 2 weeks
Hire of library space and meeting rooms
Meeting rooms are available for hire at Central, Crayford, Erith, Sidcup and Welling Libraries during and outside library opening hours.
IT Suites are available for hire at Crayford, Erith, Sidcup and Welling Libraries during and outside library opening hours.
Open library space is available outside of library opening hours.
For more information please visit our Meeting Rooms and Halls for Hire page.