Frequently Asked Questions
We have a programme of regular events for children and adults, as well as special one-off events throughout the year such as the Summer Reading Challenge.
Other services and facilities we offer:
- free computer and Wi-Fi access
- colour printing and photocopying
- a Council contact point phone and access to Council services, such as parking permits, purchasing recycling bags and arrangement of bulky waste collections
- meeting rooms for hire at Central, Crayford, Erith, Sidcup and Welling Libraries and a Hall at Crayford Community Centre
- a Local Studies and Archives Centre at Central Library
- a Home Library Service for people who can not access library branches
- a wide collection of fiction to suit all tastes and non-fiction for learning and leisure, in branches and online
- All Council libraries have disabled access and public toilets with wheelchair access and baby changing facilities
You can view our fees and charges here.
If you have over £10 owing on your account, you won’t be able to borrow or renew items, use the computers or Wi-Fi in libraries.
You can make payments by signing in to your account at the top right of the page, over the phone or by visiting your branch.
You can reserve items through our online catalogue, on our app, or in a branch.
You can choose to receive notification that your items(s) are ready to collect either by post, email or text message. We do not send notification for item(s) that have been requested on children’s accounts.
You can check the status of and cancel your reservation(s) by signing in to your account with your library card number and PIN.
Charges for requested items are applied at the point of reservation and are non-refundable. See our fees and charges for full details.
Sign in to your account with your library card and PIN through the menu at the top right of the page.
You can now use the link to go to the My account pages or be able to do more when you search the catalogue.
My account pages
My loans - you can:
- view, renew and print a list of your loans
- view and edit your reservations
My charges - you can:
- view any current charges
- select up to 20 charges and pay online - You need to have a correct email address on your account, see My profile
- view your payment history
My loan history - you can:
- view or print a list of your previous loans
- give what you have borrowed a star rating out of 10
- add items on to your Wish list
My lists and reviews - you can:
- view, edit, print, or download the list of items from the catalogue you have added to your Wish list
- place a reservation on Wish list items
- view and delete any saved catalogue searches
- change whether you want notifications about new titles matching your searches when they become available
- view, email, print or download the list of items you have reviewed
- add reviews items to your Wish list
My profile - you can:
- see your current contact details we have for you on your Library account, including the email that is used for notices and online payment receipts - If this information is not correct please visit your branch or contact us
- view your registered accounts and change your PIN
- check or change your default pick-up branch where you want to collect requested items
- check or change whether you would like your reservation or overdue item notices by post or email - Check our fees and charges for details of the different costs
- view or set up a Bexley Libraries website profile that is used for online reviews and sharing recommendations and lists - This is not the email address used for online payments or reservation and overdue notices
The Ancestry Online page shows the collections available for members. View this page while signed in to access Ancestry Online collections link.
Library catalogue pagesWhen signed in to your account while searching the catalogue you can:
- use the Save search link on a Search results page to add it to your list of saved searches
- add items to your Wish list
- email the details of an item as a recommendation
You can return items from the following libraries to any branch on this list. They all use the same library management system and have way to transport the items back to the branches they belong to.
- Central Library, Bexleyheath
- Crayford Library
- Erith Library
- Sidcup Library
- Thamesmead Library
- Welling Library
- North Heath Community Library
- Slade Green and Howbury Community Library
- Upper Belvedere Community Library
For items borrowed from the other community managed libraries not on this list, please check with the branch you borrowed it from.