We are delighted to announce that libraries have now reopened.
When visiting our libraries:
- You should wear a face covering for the duration of your visit, unless medically exempt.
- You should provide details to NHS Test and Trace, by checking in via the app, or providing details via a simple form available at the entrance of the library
- Please use hand sanitiser upon entry
- Please observe social distancing by keeping a distance of 2m away from other library users and staff.
- Please follow the one-way route around the library
- If you handle a book, please put it in one of the containers around the library, so staff can clean it before it is returned to the shelves.
Please note that the first floor at Central Library, Bexleyheath will remain closed until further notice. If you wish to borrow an item located on the first floor, please ask a member of staff for assistance.
Additionally, customers booking appointments for the Local Studies and Archive Centre should advise staff at the time of booking of any disability, condition or issue that may mean that you require assistance with evacuating the premises via the stairs in the unlikely event of an emergency, so that staff can plan to meet your needs.
Citizens Advice sessions in libraries
Bexley Citizens Advice Bureau have suspended their face-to-face sessions held in Central and Sidcup Libraries. Customers can still contact Citizens Advice via their website, www.bexleycab.org.uk and by phone on 01322 517150.