Computer Buddy Volunteer Role Description
Libraries, Heritage and Archives
To provide basic IT support to customers in Bexley Libraries.
All Bexley Libraries during opening hours.
With guidance from library staff to:
- Help customers to book on to a library computer using the computer booking system
- Provide one-to-one troubleshooting sessions, e.g. setting up an email address, browsing the internet, etc.
- Provide IT taster sessions for beginners, either one-to-one or in small groups
Skills and experience
- Confident and experiences with IT
- Good communication skills
- Polite, friendly and helpful manner
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Reliable and dependable
- Well-presented and able to positively represent the Library Service
- This is a role that required a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective delivery of the event
Offer to volunteer
- Experience volunteering in a library setting and as part of a team
- Gain confidence in dealing with members of the public
- Improve your customer care skills
- Experience to show on your CV
- Reference provided
Volunteers will receive an induction to the library and appropriate training will be given. Volunteers in this role will need to able to carry out tasks independently but with guidance from staff.