Coding Club Volunteer Role Description
Libraries, Heritage and Archives
To run a library Coding Club
All Bexley Libraries. A minimum commitment of one hour per week for 12 weeks, during weekend opening hours and after 4pm on weekdays.
With guidance from library staff to:
- Guide a small group of 9-13 year olds with learning to code.
- Familiarise yourself with the set curriculum for the Bexley Coding Clubs, which has been prepared from free browser-based resources.
- Prepare materials for each session as required
- Engage with group members and encourage them in their learning
- Help staff to promote the activities of the group
- Provide feedback to library staff as required
Skills and experience
- Some experience of coding is desirable
- Good communication skills
- Polite, friendly and helpful manner
- Good organisational skills
- Commitment to equal opportunities and diversity
- Reliable and dependable
- Well-presented and able to positively represent the Library Service
- This is a role that required a command of spoken English sufficient for the effective delivery of the event
Offer to volunteer
- Experience volunteering in a library setting and as part of a team
- Gain confidence in dealing with members of the public
- Improve your customer care skills
- Experience to show on your CV
- Reference provided
Volunteers will receive an induction to the library and appropriate training will be given. Volunteers in this role will need to able to carry out tasks independently but with guidance from staff.