News and Announcements
During April, people all across London will be taking part in Cityreads by reading 'Prophecy' by S.J. Parris, an exciting thriller set in Tudor London.
The author is coming to Bexley!
Come along and meet her at Hall Place on Thursday 27th April at 2.30pm. She’ll be talking about her books in the wonderful Tudor setting of the Great Hall. It’s FREE, but you’ll need to get a ticket in advance.
There are lots of other FREE events in libraries for Cityread London as well:
- ‘A Tudor Reminiscence’ at the Local Studies and Archive Centre on Wednesday 5th April at 2pm
- ‘Explore the world of the Tudors’ at the Central Library, Bexleyheath on Saturday 8th April between 2pm and 4pm (This event is for families).
- An armchair tour of Elizabethan London at Erith Library on Wednesday 12th April at 3pm
- A talk about Tudor London at Sidcup Library on Thursday 20th April at 2pm
- ‘Spymasters and Scadbury’ - a talk at Sidcup Library on Friday 21st April from 2.30pm
- An afternoon of Tudor Poetry at Welling Library on Saturday 29th April from 2.30pm
North Heath and Upper Belvedere Community Libraries - changes to opening times
From Monday 27th February, North Heath Community Library and Upper Belvedere Community Library will have a change of opening hours. The new opening hours for the libraries are as follows:
|North Heath Library|
|Monday||9.30am - 5.30pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am - 5.30pm|
|Wednesday||9.30am - 5.30pm|
|Thursday||9.30am – 1.00pm|
|Friday||9.30am - 5.30pm|
|Saturday||9.30am - 2.00pm|
|Upper Belvedere Library|
|Monday||9.30am – 1.00pm|
|Tuesday||9.30am – 5.30pm|
|Wednesday||1.45pm – 5.30pm|
|Friday||9.30am – 5.30pm|
|Saturday||9.30am – 2.30pm|
Bexley Book Buzz
Bexley Book Buzz is the new online book group from Bexley Libraries. Hosted on the Goodreads website, it's THE place to swap tips about great reads and new authors to try and to catch up on the latest book news. Why not sign up and join in?
At the moment we are chatting about the book we are currently reading and the winners of the Bexley and Bromley Book of the Year.
Its quick and easy - just sign up and then verify your email address and you can get started.
Stand out from the crowd with CareerActive!
A free resource for library members, with brilliant tips and videos on CVs, application forms and interviews. You can also use it to search for jobs.
The Bexley Care Hub is an online portal which provides information on services for older people, those with care needs and their carers. There is information on financial assessments, savings and contributions and a useful tool for users to find services and providers near them. Users are also able to carry out a self-assessment of their own social care needs. The Bexley Care Hub can be accessed with the following link: https://carehub.bexley.gov.uk